Hereâ€™s what Ilyce had to say on the Ilyce Glink Show, April 10, 2005
Charles and Camilla, the Prince and new Duchess of Cornwall, decided to forego a prenuptial agreement.
Which is fine for them â€“ they probably didnâ€™t even discuss their finances.
Still, most of us donâ€™t have the resources available to Britainâ€™s royal family, or Bill Gates for that matters. Money matters in a big way and thatâ€™s why you and your loved one should talk about money before getting married or moving in together.
How do you start? Consider sitting down, over a glass of wine, and asking each other these questions:
- How much money/debts do you have? How much do I have?
- Are you a spender or a saver?
- What do you spend your month on each month?
- Do you know approximately how much things cost? Where do you go shopping for food and drugstore items? Do you know the least expensive place in town to buy things?
- How do you feel about discount stores?
- Do you know how much your current credit card bill will be?
- Do you know how much money is in your wallet right now?
- Do you know how much total debt you owe and how much you spend on interest in a given month?
- What kind of billpayer are you?
– What kind of gift-giver are you?
- What are your financial dreams? How do you want to live in the future?
- What would you cut out of your budget in order to live on less? What trade-offs are you willing to make?