Get consumer advice on product purchases, financial planning, recalls, scams, fraud and more. Take a look at our articles, blog posts, Q&As, videos and radio shows for consumer advice on a wide variety of topics.
Featured Consumer Advice Article
Extreme weather and water shortages are convincing people to change their home landscaping plans, leading to fewer lush yards but more long-term benefits for homeowners. After the severe water shortages in California, water usage restrictions have gone into effect for …
Consumer Advice Articles
- How to Power Your Home with a Battery
- Welcome to the 2015 tax season
- Top 5 most expensive places to drive a car
- 4 ways to build home equity
- 3 ways to trick your brain into spending less
- One easy trick to stop impulse purchases: Carry crisp, large bills
- 8 Ways Spending Money Can Buy Happiness
- What is QM and the Qualified Mortgage Rule?
- How to Take Legal Action Against a Contractor
- Selling Your Home in a Short Sale: Is a Short Sale Worth it?