On today’s Ilyce Glink show, we discussed:
- The Federal Reserve on Wednesday gave its most upbeat assessment of the American Economy in awhile. The Fed says the economy is “leveling out,” which doesn’t necessarily mean the recession is over, but that the end is in sight. Asia had positive growth in some parts during the second quarter, as did parts of Europe. But England is still having a tough time, and in the US, one of the biggest banks in the country failed. I’d say, we’re better than we were, but not in great shape yet.
- Colonial BancGroup failed this week. Colonial was tied into Taylor Bean and Whitaker, the mortage servicing and origination company that failed last week. Seventy-four banks have failed so far this year – the most in nearly 20 years.
- Consumer sentiment fell last week – surprising many economists who thought it was going up. Why are people so dour? Gee – could it have something to do with the fact that 6.3 million people are collecting unemployment benefits? We’ve lost all the jobs we’ve gained since the early 2000s and those folks who have jobs have taken paycuts? We’ll talk about it.
- Opposites attract – love and in money. Why do tightwads often marry spendthrifts? Are you a tightwad married to a spendthrift? Or, the reverse? How’s that working out for you?
Taylor Bean and Whitaker Update
Consumer Credit Counseling Services of Greater Atlanta
Call 404-527-7630 or go online to CCCSATL.org.
Join us for Ilyce Glink’s How to Profit From Foreclosures on October 24, 2009
We had a bunch of Clark Howard listeners sign up for the event this week – thank you for joining us and I hope everyone else listening to the Ilyce Glink show will consider joining us as well.
I’m very excited by the incredibly early response we’re getting from WSB listeners and others to this new event, HOW TO PROFIT FROM FORECLOSURES. I think there will be millions of foreclosures available this year and next – Atlanta is one of the top 10 cities for foreclosures. So if you’re thinking about buying a foreclosure to live in or to invest in, this event is the place you’ll want to be.
It’s going to be an amazing event, filled with experts you can trust! (Why? Because my team and I will vet everyone who is going to be there. You won’t be hit up for a pitch to spend $3,500 for someone’s DVD program on how to make millions with foreclosures. It’s just excellent and honest information.)
Following my successful Makeover Your Money day last May, we’re announcing that the ticket window is open for my next event, How to Profit From Foreclosures. There are so many foreclosures in Atlanta, and whether you’re buying for investment or you’re buying a home to live in, there are tricks and strategies you’ll want to know about – and the only place you can find out all the information you need to make a smart move with foreclosures is at our event on October 24, 2009.
The event will include three panel discussions covering the following:
- Tips from top bankers, agents, lenders and REO specialists on how to find foreclosures and negotiate for them.
- Tips from top tax experts and attorneys who know how to negotiate a foreclosure deal and keep you on the right side of the IRS when it comes to investing in foreclosures
- Real life stories of successful investors who have made a great living and built up a fantastic amount of equity investing in foreclosures – without gimmicks and expensive DVD tutorials to sell. You’ll hear their secrets and what has made them rich and successful.
Sign up now for Ilyce Glink’s How to Profit from Foreclosures and get YOUR foreclosure questions answered. There are ony a LIMITED NUMBER of early-bird tickets that will be sold. We are offering a 2 for 1 DISCOUNT SPECIAL and I can GUARANTEE THAT THIS IS THE LOWEST PRICE YOU WILL PAY FOR THE EVENT. To get your 2 for 1 special price, use the discount code: glink
Please note that the 2 for 1 discount special will only be around until August 18 at midnight. I can guarantee that waiting won’t save you any money. So, if you think you might want to join us, get your ticket today!
FREE BOOKS FROM THE THINKGLINK.com BOOKSTORE
If you want a free copy of my book, 50 Simple Steps You Can Take to Disaster-Proof Your Finances and/or a free copy of my book The REALLY Useful Guide to Working Smarter Not Harder, click here.
FREE EBOOKS FROM THE THINKGLINK.com STORE
We’ve got our BUY 3 GET 1 FREE ebook special. Use the DISCOUNT CODE: freeebook (Choose 3 ebooks and use the discount code and the cost for one of those ebooks will be deducted from the total cost.)
$8,000 First Time Home Buyer Tax Credit Updates
We’re getting calls about getting the $8,000 first time home buyer tax credit if you’re buying a house from a relative. The IRS prohibits getting the tax credit if you’re buying a house from a parent or child, grandparent or child. But it doesn’t appear to exclude buying a house from a sibling, aunt or uncle, niece or nephew.
Here’s some information about the exclusions to the $8,000 first time home buyer tax credit