Q: I moved into my house in 2000. My property taxes for 2001 are due at the end of January 2002.

If I pay my 2001 property taxes in 2001 instead of January 31, 2002 when it’s due, will I be able to use the amount paid as tax deduction for 2001?

A: You should be able to do this. Double check with the tax assessor’s office to be sure.