Q: Someone wrote me a check, and it bounced. How can I make her pay me? She’s been doing this to several individuals. I know two other people in the same situation as me. They already went to the district attorney’s office and it seems the DA is not making any action. What should we do?

A: In some places, you can file a police report and pursue it. If she knew she didn’t have funds in the account and wrote the check anyway, it’s fraud.

But this isn’t exactly on every police department’s radar screens. The only other thing you can do is sue her in small claims court. If you get a judgment, then you can try to attach her wages, put a lien on the house, and take other measures in order to get paid.