Spring is finally here, which means longer, warmer days and gorgeous flowers poking up after a long winter. The economy needs the warm winds of spring to give it a boost, I think, and that’s what we’re seeing right now.
On today’s show, we’ll talk about the spate of good news (stock market up 25 percent over the lows a few weeks ago), some of the big banks have declared big profits (though they aren’t out of the woods yet) and even President Obama is saying that we’re starting to move forward. We’ll also talk about:
- Mortgage interest rates are at about the lowest in 50 years. Time to refinance?
- New hurdles for mortgage borrowers. What’s going on?
- Freddie Mac believes that US housing sales are nearing the bottom. Will they rebound quickly?
- The 30-day bank. FDIC pulled an unusual move last week when it couldn’t find a buyer for a bank. Haven’t heard of the 30-day bank? I’ll tell you what it is and we’ll talk about more bank closings. (We’re now at 25 banks closed this year, which is the same number as for all of 2008.)
- In travel news, Delta announced it had closed its India call centers. Now you no longer have to be asked to be transfered back to the US.
We’re also offering a special 2 for 1 deal for the Ilyce Glink Makeover Your Money day on May 9th! Sign up and use the special discount code “SAVEMEMONEY” and receive 50 percent off your ticket price. We really want you to join us. You can also go to ThinkGlink.EventBrite.Com for more details about the program, which I’ll talk about on today’s show.
Hope you can tune in. Listen live at wsbradio.com.
Leave A Comment