Clark Howard Show Notes – Black Friday 2009
Happy Thanksgiving. It looks like there were some good deals to be had, but a lot of shoppers felt disappointed with their Black Friday loot. Shoppers waited in line from 2:30am at WalMart, only to find that the store only had 14 $200 laptops and were sold out almost instantly.
The good news is that the deals aren’t over yet – and there are more deals to come. Cyber Monday is this Monday, November 30, 2009, and you can find out more about the deals at CyberMonday.com.
Crystal’s Leftover Mashed Potato Pancake Recipe
Take mashed potatoes and add milk until it is slightly thinner. Add one egg, beaten. The potatoes should be thick enough to form patties. Dredge in flour and flatten.
Cook in skillet with a small amount of oil until browned.
Crystal says: “Excellent with breakfast…”
Are You In Loan Modification Hell? Here’s How To Find The Company CEO:
Go to Yahoo Finance and click on the investing button at the top. When you get to the investing home page, find the search box and type in the name of the company in the “Get Quotes” search box.
On the left navigation (blue bar on the left side of the page) look for Company and then choose profile.
Under Profile will be the company headquarters. Middle of the page, on the right, will be Key Executives. You should address your letter to the President and CEO of the company.
Write a letter like this one and send it to the CEO.
Send it overnight, or some way you can get a return receipt. Let me know what happens.
New ThinkGlink Ebooks About Investing in Real Estate Are Now Available
We created five new ebooks that together provide you with more than 100 pages of important, money-saving information about investing successful in real estate. here are the five topics:
- 1031 Tax-Deferred Exchanges. Everything you need to know about 1031 Exchanges (also known as Starker Trusts) and how to use them to defer capital gains and recapture taxes.
- LLCs, Corporations, And Other Ways Of Holding Title To Real Estate. The time to start thinking about you’re going to hold title is BEFORE you buy an investment property. This ebook walks you through the different ownership options and what you need to know.
- How to Profit From Foreclosures: 9 Top Tips From Investors. Avoid the most common and most devastating mistakes real estate investors make by reading this ebook.
- Finding Great Tenants And Profitably Managing Real Estate Investments. If you don’t have good tenants, you’ll wind up with losing money with your real estate investment – or perhaps destroying your credit. This ebook tells you how to find great tenants, how to price your unit to rent, and how to manage your property effectively and efficiently.
- The Successful Real Estate Investors Guide: Top Tax Tips. Investing successfully means you’ve got to keep your expenses low. That means, watch what you pay in taxes. This book walks you through the major tax areas you’ll encounter with real estate investing.
We also have FREE BOOKS and other ebooks in the ThinkGlink.com store.
You can get a FREE copy of my book 50 Simple Steps You Can Take to Disaster Proof Your Finances” or “The REALLY Useful Guide to Working Smarter Not Harder” at the ThinkGlink.com store. You pay the shipping and we’ll send you any number of books for free!
Order Your ThinkGlink Ebook or Free Book Today!
Buy 3 Ebooks and Get 1 Free Ebook DEAL!
If you select 3 ebooks from our store and enter the discount code “freeebook” (no quotes), you’ll get one of those ebooks for free. It works with all of our ebooks. Just use the code to get the discount. It will show up when you check out of the ThinkGlink store.
We had a call today from someone who wants to buy a foreclosure, but is concerned about buying a property in “as is” condition. While only a professional home inspector or a good contractor can tell you exactly what is wrong with a property, you can train yourself to look for red flags along the way.
On my ExpertRealEstateTips.Net website, you can find ALL of my videos by category. Just look on the left navigation bar to find Inspections, and then click through to see all of my home inspection videos. You’ll watch a professional home inspection walk you through various parts of the house.
On ThinkGlink.com, we also have our Home Inspection topic page, where you can start your search for some great advice on home inspection and inspecting your future home purchase.