Loan Modification Hell – Will President Obama Force Lenders To Modify More Loans?
According to news reports, tomorrow (Monday, Nov 30, 2009), the Administration will announce a plan to force lenders to do more loan modifications, and to make more of the trial loan modifications permanent. We’ll see how this works out.
I have to say, the entire loan modification program has been a disaster. It’s rife with problems and there are hundreds of thousands of people who have been hurt financially and credit-wise.
From what I’ve read so far, Treasury plans to pressure lenders by embarrassing them publicly. I hope they have a better plan than that.
50 Simple Steps You Can Take to Disaster-Proof Your Finances
If you’ve decided it’s time to take charge of your finances, or you need to sit down with your parents and help them take charge of their own financial matters, you need this book. It will walk you through 50 easy things you can do to make sense of your finances, including how to create a contact list, how to create an accounts list, and how to plan your estate.
Click on this link to order your copy of 50 Simple Steps You Can Take To Disaster-Proof Your Finances.
Are You In Loan Modification Hell? Here’s How To Find The Company CEO
If you’re in loan modification hell, you need to write a letter to the CEO or president of your loan servicing company or mortgage lender. Write a letter like this one and send it to the CEO.
Here’s how to find the CEO of your mortgage lender:
Go to Yahoo Finance and click on the investing button at the top. When you get to the investing home page, find the search box and type in the name of the company in the “Get Quotes” search box.
On the left navigation (blue bar on the left side of the page) look for Company and then choose profile.
Under Profile will be the company headquarters. Middle of the page, on the right, will be Key Executives. You should address your letter to the President and CEO of the company.
Send your letter overnight, or some way you can get a return receipt. Let me know what happens.
New ThinkGlink Ebooks About Investing in Real Estate Are Now Available
We created five new ebooks that together provide you with more than 100 pages of important, money-saving information about investing successful in real estate. here are the five topics:
- 1031 Tax-Deferred Exchanges. Everything you need to know about 1031 Exchanges (also known as Starker Trusts) and how to use them to defer capital gains and recapture taxes.
- LLCs, Corporations, And Other Ways Of Holding Title To Real Estate. The time to start thinking about you’re going to hold title is BEFORE you buy an investment property. This ebook walks you through the different ownership options and what you need to know.
- How to Profit From Foreclosures: 9 Top Tips From Investors. Avoid the most common and most devastating mistakes real estate investors make by reading this ebook.
- Finding Great Tenants And Profitably Managing Real Estate Investments. If you don’t have good tenants, you’ll wind up with losing money with your real estate investment – or perhaps destroying your credit. This ebook tells you how to find great tenants, how to price your unit to rent, and how to manage your property effectively and efficiently.
- The Successful Real Estate Investors Guide: Top Tax Tips. Investing successfully means you’ve got to keep your expenses low. That means, watch what you pay in taxes. This book walks you through the major tax areas you’ll encounter with real estate investing.
We also have FREE BOOKS and other ebooks in the ThinkGlink.com store.
You can get a FREE copy of my book 50 Simple Steps You Can Take to Disaster Proof Your Finances” or “The REALLY Useful Guide to Working Smarter Not Harder” at the ThinkGlink.com store. You pay the shipping and we’ll send you any number of books for free!
Order Your ThinkGlink Ebook or Free Book Today!
Buy 3 Ebooks and Get 1 Free Ebook DEAL!
If you select 3 ebooks from our store and enter the discount code “freeebook” (no quotes), you’ll get one of those ebooks for free. It works with all of our ebooks. Just use the code to get the discount. It will show up when you check out of the ThinkGlink store.
Tune In Tomorrow When I Fill In For Clark Howard 1 to 4pm ET
Hope you can tune in tomorrow, Cyber Monday, as I fill in for Clark Howard.