Morgan called in to ask if there were special loans available for people with disabilities. She wants to upgrade her kitchen and has a visual disability. I suggested she might want to go to the Dept. of Housing and Urban Development to see if there is a loan program that might work for her. The 203(k) loan program can be used to upgrade a house to make it more accessible.

Here’s the link:

Oct. 1, 2006