If you’re facing foreclosure or are going through a short sale, please call a real estate attorney. You should have some profesional help to make sure that you’re protected and understand what documents you’re signing BEFORE you sign on the dotted line.

The Atlanta Bar Association offers a free lawyer referral service: 404-521-0777. If you live elsewhere, you can call your local bar association and ask for assistance in finding a good real estate attorney.

You can also call the local bar association and ask for the head of the real estate committee. When you speak with that person, explain your situation and ask for a referral to a real estate attorney who has experience in helping people in your specific situation.

November 23, 2008