It’s hard to believe, but 2010 is finally here. Let’s hope it’s going to be a much better year for everyone.
In honor of the new year, I wanted to do a special show that would give you some ideas on ways to improve your year financially. Here is the rundown of today’s guests:
Sam Wyly grew up in Louisiana and studied journalism at Louisiana Tech. He won a scholarship to the University of Michigan Business school, where he earned an MBA. He made his first million by the age of 30 and is today a self-made billionaire. His book, 1,000 Dollars & An Idea is terrific – filled with wonderful anecdotes that it almost reads like a novel. There are great lessons here for anyone who is looking to build a better business in 2010. We had a terrific conversation.
Liz Handlin, CEO of Ultimate Resumes LLC, has nearly 20 years of experience in marketing, communications, and recruiting. This combination of experience, combined with a BA from the University of Chicago and an MBA in Marketing from the University of Chicago Graduate School of Business, give Ms. Handlin a unique perspective on the resume creation process. Liz held previous positions with The Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago, Deloitte & Touche LLP, NetSpend Corporation, and APV plc. At Deloitte & Touche, Liz was the Director of Recruiting for the Illinois practice with responsibility for all experienced hire and college recruiting across the audit, tax, and related services practices.
Liz offers some great ideas on how to get your resume into shape for the new year.
Ricky Novak is the president of Strategic 1031 Exchange Advisors, a top-rated 1031 exchange company based in Atlanta, GA. A real estate attorney and chair of the real estate committee for the Atlanta Bar Association, Ricky spent some time on the show this afternoon, detailing the ins and out of 1031 exchanges for real estate investors.
If you’re a real estate investor, you’ll want to tune in. And, take advantage of the special series of real estate ebooks offered below. Ricky offers some terrific advice in those ebooks and will be on one of our panels for our How To Invest In 2010 event on March 27, 2010.
NEW THINKGLINK/REAL WORLD SEMINARS EVENT – How To Invest In 2010 – March 27, 2010
The worst economy in decades has been followed by an incredible 60 percent bounce in the stock market. Some economists are predicting we’ll have a double-dip recession while others think the worst is behind us. Most investors are scratching their heads, wondering “What’s next?”
Will the economy move forward?
Will it fall back into recession?
Will the stock market move forward or retest market lows?
Should you play it safer or take on more risk?
For our next event, How To Invest In 2010, we’ll bring together the best local investment advisors, financial planners, tax experts and successful investors.
Together, we’ll explore this new world of investing. We’ll look at short-term and long-term investments, retirement savings and your child’s college education fund. We’ll look at stocks, bonds, ETFs, real estate investing and the biggest mistakes investors make.
So plan to join me on March 27, 2010 for my How To Invest In 2010.
The ticket window is open. The EARLY BIRD SPECIAL is on for a limited time only! If you’ve been to one of my events, you know that the best price is the first price. You can also purchase a VIP ticket, or a special package of ebooks we’re creating especially for this event.
You’ll have face-to-face time with our experts and will be able to get answers to your own investing questions. So, SAVE THE DATE and join us March 27, 2010 for How To Invest In 2010.
New ThinkGlink Ebooks About Investing in Real Estate Are Now Available
We created five new ebooks that together provide you with more than 100 pages of important, money-saving information about investing successful in real estate. here are the five topics:
- 1031 Tax-Deferred Exchanges. Everything you need to know about 1031 Exchanges (also known as Starker Trusts) and how to use them to defer capital gains and recapture taxes.
- LLCs, Corporations, And Other Ways Of Holding Title To Real Estate. The time to start thinking about you’re going to hold title is BEFORE you buy an investment property. This ebook walks you through the different ownership options and what you need to know.
- How to Profit From Foreclosures: 9 Top Tips From Investors. Avoid the most common and most devastating mistakes real estate investors make by reading this ebook.
- Finding Great Tenants And Profitably Managing Real Estate Investments. If you don’t have good tenants, you’ll wind up with losing money with your real estate investment – or perhaps destroying your credit. This ebook tells you how to find great tenants, how to price your unit to rent, and how to manage your property effectively and efficiently.
- The Successful Real Estate Investors Guide: Top Tax Tips. Investing successfully means you’ve got to keep your expenses low. That means, watch what you pay in taxes. This book walks you through the major tax areas you’ll encounter with real estate investing.
We also have FREE BOOKS and other ebooks in the ThinkGlink.com store.
You can get a FREE copy of my book 50 Simple Steps You Can Take to Disaster Proof Your Finances” or “The REALLY Useful Guide to Working Smarter Not Harder” at the ThinkGlink.com store. You pay the shipping and we’ll send you any number of books for free!
Order Your ThinkGlink Ebook or Free Book Today!
Buy 3 Ebooks and Get 1 Free Ebook DEAL!
If you select 3 ebooks from our store and enter the discount code “freeebook” (no quotes), you’ll get one of those ebooks for free. It works with all of our ebooks. Just use the code to get the discount. It will show up when you check out of the ThinkGlink store.