Today’s News From ThinkGlink:
If you’re in loan modification hell, it may help to know that you’re not alone. This Friday, the government released new statistics showing that approximately 900,000 homeowners were put into temporary loan modifications – and just 7 percent of those have been made permanent.
What should you do if you’re in loan modification hell?
Consider writing a letter to your lender and copying banking regulators, your state mortgage regulator, your state Attorney General, the OCC and others. I’ve written extensively about this on my MoneyWatch.com Blog.
If you want to know how to find your mortgage lender or bank CEO, check out this MoneyWatch blog post.
VA Loans – New Look for VA.gov
The Veteran’s Administration has redone its website. Looks great.
We had a call this morning from Brenda. Her husband called their lender about refinancing their VA loan and the lender said they didn’t do VA loans. She wanted to know if that was legitimate.
VA and FHA lenders have to be approved by the VA/FHA and it’s possible her lender no longer is. But if you go to the VA’s home loan website you’ll be able to find a VA-approved lender to work with.
How to Invest Your Money Right Now – March 27, 2010 – Save The Date
Ilyce Glink and Real World Seminar’s Latest Event
The worst economy in decades has been followed by an incredible 60 percent bounce in the stock market. Some economists are predicting we’ll have a double-dip recession while others think the worst is behind us. Most investors are scratching their heads, wondering “What’s next?”
Will the economy move forward?
Will it fall back into recession?
Will the stock market move forward or retest market lows?
Should you play it safer or take on more risk?
For our next event, How To Invest In 2010, we’ll bring together the best local investment advisors, financial planners, tax experts and successful investors.
Together, we’ll explore this new world of investing. We’ll look at short-term and long-term investments, retirement savings and your child’s college education fund. We’ll look at stocks, bonds, ETFs, real estate investing and the biggest mistakes investors make.
So plan to join me on March 27, 2010 for my How To Invest In 2010.
We’re offering a 2-for-1 deal, or 50 percent off the ticket price.
Use Discount Code: money You can also purchase a VIP ticket, or a special package of financial ebooks we’re creating especially for this event.
You’ll have face-to-face time with our experts who are there to share information, not sell you on a solution. And you’ll be able to get answers to your own investing questions.
So, SAVE THE DATE and join us March 27, 2010 for How To Invest In 2010.
New ThinkGlink Ebooks About Investing in Real Estate Are Now Available
We created five new ebooks that together provide you with more than 100 pages of important, money-saving information about investing successful in real estate. here are the five topics:
- 1031 Tax-Deferred Exchanges. Everything you need to know about 1031 Exchanges (also known as Starker Trusts) and how to use them to defer capital gains and recapture taxes.
- LLCs, Corporations, And Other Ways Of Holding Title To Real Estate. The time to start thinking about you’re going to hold title is BEFORE you buy an investment property. This ebook walks you through the different ownership options and what you need to know.
- How to Profit From Foreclosures: 9 Top Tips From Investors. Avoid the most common and most devastating mistakes real estate investors make by reading this ebook.
- Finding Great Tenants And Profitably Managing Real Estate Investments. If you don’t have good tenants, you’ll wind up with losing money with your real estate investment – or perhaps destroying your credit. This ebook tells you how to find great tenants, how to price your unit to rent, and how to manage your property effectively and efficiently.
- The Successful Real Estate Investors Guide: Top Tax Tips. Investing successfully means you’ve got to keep your expenses low. That means, watch what you pay in taxes. This book walks you through the major tax areas you’ll encounter with real estate investing.
We also have FREE BOOKS and other ebooks in the ThinkGlink.com store.
You can get a FREE copy of my book 50 Simple Steps You Can Take to Disaster Proof Your Finances” or “The REALLY Useful Guide to Working Smarter Not Harder” at the ThinkGlink.com store. You pay the shipping and we’ll send you any number of books for free!
Order Your ThinkGlink Ebook or Free Book Today!
Buy 3 Ebooks and Get 1 Free Ebook DEAL!
If you select 3 ebooks from our store and enter the discount code “freeebook” (no quotes), you’ll get one of those ebooks for free. It works with all of our ebooks. Just use the code to get the discount. It will show up when you check out of the ThinkGlink store.
New Tools, New Decade: RightSIZING Your Life
My mantra this year (until I think up something else) is going to be this: New tools, new decade. I think times are so tough, that it requires a reengineering of how we think about money and what satisfies us. I call this RightSIZING and I’d like to invite you to participate in a grand experiment in which I work with a family on rightsizing their life based on a new financial reality.
More on this later in the week, but if you’d like some help, please email me at [email protected].